Alright alright, enough downtime! As some may or may not know, this site is NOT my day job. Long story short, I've been extremely busy the past couple of months - hence the major slow down of new cards from me. Anyway, the good news is that I'm still busy, but I'm trying to build a better schedule for myself to still give some good attention to the site again (and make sure I'm never away this long again!).
So really this isn't some glamorous post with all kinds of cool announcements, but instead a hello to let you all know I'll be back in action soon (within the next couple of weeks)! I'm excited to get some new cards pumping out regularly!
See ya soon,
Wanted to share that I'm taking a super quick break this weekend. I've ran this site non-stop with new updates every day for the first month, and then two days a week (with several new card sets on those days) for the two months since. And since it's just me, that takes up a lot of my extra time! So I'm taking a little break this weekend from posting, but I'll be back as usual with brand new card sets for you this coming Tuesday!
I figured, what better time to take a quick break than while many of you are off enjoying the Texas Pinball Festival! You won't even notice I was gone!
See ya Tuesday!
First off, thanks for those who have checked out the new Shop section of the site! I got word late last week that the Pennants should be arriving earlier than expected from production (yay!).
Anyway, the real point of this update is to share that now that I'm diving deeper into the rule card requests, I'm getting to a lot of older games. I'm quickly finding that the reason no one's ever really done custom cards for original themed pins that aren't "big name" titles, is because the source material is extremely slim for most of these.
So if you've requested one of these original titles, rest assured that they ARE on their way, but it just takes more time because a lot of these I'm having to get really creative with. (And hey, that's not a bad thing!)
Until next time,
Well, that was fast! As I've mentioned, the items in my shop were and are all a test to see how much interest there is in each, so production runs were low to begin with. However, the Start Button Coasters sold out almost immediately on launch day!
I've just put an order for a larger production run of those in, and re-stocked the item in the shop. Many people emailed me about when they'd be available, so there ya go! Any new order placed for the coasters will be shipped out beginning March 1st!
Welcome to the official, not messing around, here to stay, launch of Pinball Boy! At first glance it may not look like much has changed, but trust me, a LOT has... For those who don't feel like reading, I'll just make a list real quick of all the new features for PB's real launch. Without further ado, here's what's new:
- The Official Shop! - This is the biggest brand new addition. Please please feel free to visit the shop and see the first set of products available. I've worked tirelessly to bring some new items maybe not seen often for pinball (and some of your average usual items too), and though it's a small start, I'm pretty excited about it!
- Vastly Improved Rule Card Pages/Features - Each set of rule cards now has a brand new download page that looks almost identical, but has SEVERAL big new features: Blank card downloads, 4x6 card downloads, and Pricing Cards!
(I should note: All new card sets posted will automatically have all these new features. For all sets I've already posted, it will take some extra time, but these will all include the new features soon as well. - There's a LOT of extra background work I have to do to make 3 completely different downloads available for each one).
- Pricing Cards - Aside from the shop, this is probably the 2nd biggest new feature by far. There's still a lot to add, but eventually this is planned to be a feature that will allow arcade owners/operators to customize my cards with the exact pricing they need without having to sacrifice limited apron space to big ugly prices with no love for the art!
- Higher Quality Downloads - All new card downloads are now even higher quality - via .PNG files
- Streamlined Home Page - Now that the site is a bit more familiar, I've slimmed the home page down to just include the stuff people look at the most, all in one place.
- Social - Pinball Boy social media pages are all live (Feel free to go follow on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram!) Oh, and there just might be some incentive to actually follow if you go check them out, too ;)
Phew... Not too shabby for a site that didn't even exist two months ago, right? I hope you all are excited about the new features. It took a LOT to make this all happen, but I've seriously had a blast since starting the site, and plan to continue allowing it to grow.
One last thing I'm excited to share is that getting these new features ready took up a ton of my extra time, so my new rule card postings slowed down over the past couple of weeks. Well, now I'll be able to get back to pumping out several new designs for each release day (Tuesdays & Saturdays)!
Until Next Time,
I had a feeling the Gottlieb sizing around the web (which is what I used as a guideline for my card sets) was wrong, and it turns out I was right. Thanks to some help from a fellow Pinsider I've gathered the correct measurements, and have begun correcting my sets. Black Hole has just been fixed, and I'll be correcting the others asap as well!
Until next time,
Wanted to give a heads up that I'll begin actually posting via the various Pinball Boy social media accounts I've setup (Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter) the same day as the site launch. I'm planning to utilize those to hopefully be entertaining and informative, as well as places for you all to get special offers on the upcoming shop launch.
So, feel free to give them a follow or like, you can find each here:
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter.
Until next time,
Since launching the site, many have noticed how I have been blasting new designs out. I've released at least one new card set a day for the past 30 days (and for most of those days I've been releasing upwards of 3 or 4 new sets). Seriously, there have only been 3 days where I didn't release a new set in that time, yay!... Well, don't get too scared, but to get ready for the official launch, it's time for a change! *shudders*
Instead of releasing new designs daily (that's just not a good format - it's messy, it's (sort of) stressful, and there's no lead up!), I'll now have TWO release days per week. So, from here on out, every TUESDAY and SATURDAY, I'll release a new batch of rule card sets!
This is a good thing for everyone. Now you'll be able to drop by the site during the week, or weekend (or both!), and check out a whole group of new designs from different eras, instead of just checking by real quick daily only to see I did a new design you weren't waiting for.
Enjoy your weekend, folks!
P.S. - The site is officially one month old today! Happy one month anniversary to... me?!
We are a go for launch... I've set the date for the OFFICIAL launch of the site: FEBRUARY 20TH, 2016. So, mark your calendars, folks! I promise there will be enough new features added to the site, and all around good stuff, to warrant a visit to the site on that day. There will be some big additions/improvements to the free rule cards pages, plus the official shop launch (with the first Pinball Boy product), and more :)
Until next time,
Okay, OF COURSE I had to title this with a Dark Knight quote since that's the latest design I posted. You may notice some changes around here today... I've officially begun re-modeling for the official site launch! For starters, you'll notice what will eventually be the biggest change/addition to the site: the SHOP link! It's nothing but a "coming soon" page at the moment, but eventually it will be great, I promise.
Also, you'll see some things have moved/changed:
- News - the Blog page has been re-named the "News" page. Same purpose (for now), different name.
- Donate - Another big change, is the phasing down of the donation page. Donations will ALWAYS be very welcome here, especially until I get the shop open (I'll have a whole post explaining this down the road)... but long story short, hopefully the Shop will eventually make the Donation page not as necessary!
- Email - I have a shiny new email for you to get in touch at: email@example.com - ahh, that's much better than the previous one!
Until next time,